"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

My Part is Finished- Mostly

>> Saturday, August 06, 2005

I took E and her husband to the methadone clinic this morning. He was able to call a clinic in Minneapolis and get her set up to begin a program there on Monday, 6am. We were able to get her dose for today and a take-home dose for tomorrow; and we were out of there. Which was a relief. There were a couple of people in there who were a little freaky.

They headed back home this afternoon. My part is mostly over. I'll be checking in on a daily basis for a while. But I am sure E's husband will take very good care of her. Doug spent more time talking with him than I did, but we both think that he is very good for her and we like him quite a bit.

I have to admit that I am relieved that he was able to get her into a program that quickly. I love her dearly, but I left Minnesota to get away from that drama. Having it here for a few days really reminded me of what I left- and how glad I am to have left it.

So it is back to normal here. Brenna is in bed, following an afternoon of mom & dad cleaning the house, ice cream from the Marble Slab in the mid-afternoon & cheese tortillini for dinner. We have an open house again tomorrow. Hopefully we get some traffic through here...

And now I am off to have some "me" time. A bath with some bubbles sounds about right...

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP