"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

My Real Child Has Arrived

>> Thursday, March 31, 2005

Sometime yesteday the Perfect Baby Fairies came to my house and made the switch. I now have the baby I expected all along. The strong willed, stubborn, "I'll do it all in my own time" baby that I knew I was destined to have.

I'm used to her not wanting an afternoon nap. In fact, just a few minutes after I finished yesterday's post, she woke up. But I can't say that I have really ever had trouble getting her to go to bed at night. Until last night.

Maybe it had something to do with the green beans. They were not a hit.


Green Bean Face

Or maybe it was because she fell asleep in the middle of her bottle at 6:30 and I woke her up to finish it. Either way, bedtime was not fun. I read to her, I rocked her, I sang to her (which probably isn't a good idea). I finally ended up nursing her until she fell asleep. Score 1 for Brenna.

Then, for the first time in 3 months Brenna woke up in the middle of the night and cried. Well, screamed is probably more accurate. I have never seen Doug jump out of bed and move so fast.

It seems that Miss Brenna had rolled onto her tummy. Which she hates to do in bed. After a few minutes I didn't hear any calming down taking place. I had Doug bring her in to our room and I nursed her. Score 2 for Brenna.

Unfortunately that didn't knock her out. So I spent another hour rocking a screeching baby. She finally fell asleep, curled against my chest. And stayed asleep when I put her in bed. Score 1 for mommy.

I do have to admit that the sleepy cuddle was well worth listening to every scream. Man, they just melt your heart.

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP