"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Good Bye San Antonio

>> Monday, March 21, 2005

We head out of here this afternoon, east to Houston. This is a "suprise" stop on our trip. Not a bad thing, though, as we will be installing software for a new client.

Brenna and I visited Market Square yesterday morning. Lots of crap for sale. A few "diamonds in the rough." Brenna picked out a pretty yellow dress. I say picked out because I held up a pink one and the yellow and she decided to try to eat the yellow. So that's what we got. :)

After Doug finished at the convention we managed to pack a lot of "touristy stuff" in to our evening. (I am trying to load photos but the internet connection here and picasa don't seem to have a good working relationship)

Our first stop was the much acclamied Buckhorn Museum and Saloon. Interesting history. Lots of documents and such that you probably won't see anywhere else. Gunfighters, Bonnie & Clyde. Pretty cool. More stuffed, dead animals than I ever want to see at one time again. I'm joking... kind of. But they have almost everything you could ever want to see. I could have done without the 2 stuffed 15-foot-long rattlesnakes. Didn't really need to know that they could get that big. {{shudder}}

Next we strolled the Riverwalk to find a place for dinner. We ended up at Pat O'Brien's. The food was good and everyone was very nice. On a side note, I'm beginning to wonder if Brenna is an exceptionally beautiful baby. It seems like people have been going out of their way to tell us how pretty she is. Usually I will smile at a baby, or if confronted by one I will say something about it being cute. But I have never gone out of my way to tell people how beautiful their baby is. Seriously, people would come across rooms to tell us. Crazy. Anyway, back to the evening.

Since we were close we visited the Alamo again- this time with Brenna awake. :) Then we took a horse-drawn carriage ride. Our horse was George, our driver was Trey. I have a fondness for the romance of a carriage. Oops, there's my hearts and flowers side showing.

After a bit more strolling along the Riverwalk we decided to catch a trolley back to the hotel. It was way past someone's bedtime and she was getting a little anxious. As we were waiting for the trolley Brenna grabbed my finger and stuck it in her mouth.

And there, in her bottom gums, I felt the sharp little nubs of a tooth. {{sniff, sniff}} She'll be 5 months in just a few days. Man, I'm gonna miss her toothless grins. {{sniff, sniff}} Not only that, but she has learned that pushing with her feet causes motion. So she scoots backwards and in circles. She has also found her feet, those previously unknown things that have been ensconced in socks since she was born. So much new Brenna stuff in such a short time. It's exciting... and sad. {{sniff, sniff}}

Powered By Blogger
Wikio - Top Blogs - Politics
Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP