"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Jury Duty Stinks

>> Saturday, May 21, 2005

Yes, I actually have to show up for jury duty Monday morning at what seems to be the butt-crack of dawn these days. 8:00 AM. Which means my saint of a sister has to be at my house no later than 7:15 AM so I can haul myself downtown, find a parking spot in a ramp, and get to the courthouse. Can you tell how excited I am to perform my civic duty?

If I were used to getting myself dressed for work, it would be no problem. However, I usually crawl out of bed anywhere from 6:00-7:00, change the kids, feed the kids, get them dressed, change into workout attire & arrive at the Y around 8:30. This is going to S*U*C*K!

I am sure I am being forced to show up because I was a HUGE B-word to the jury clerk about the whole 'no child care' issue. The $10 a day they are going to pay goes nowhere toward paying for child care. I am lucky Jody agreed to help me out...again!

I am hoping for a speedy release when they see what kind of conservative freak I really am. I will miss you all!

Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP