"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Play Group

>> Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I have been taking my kids to a play group for about 3 or 4 months now. I am still kind of uncomfortable going to this play group. I was invited by one of my former co-workers. I call the Moms 'the Stepfords'. I feel completely out of my element when I am with these ladies, who are all very nice to the kids and to me. I just view things a bit differently than they do.

All of the other Moms take their children (all 2 year olds) to Gymboree twice a week and preschool (a very pricey and ELITE preschool) twice a week. I have been questioned many times as to why Carter isn't in preschool YET, and why I don't take them to Gymboree. Isn't 2 a little young to have such a full schedule (I think so)?

I don't think it's necessary to pay someone to play & sing with my children (Gymboree), nor do I think Carter is ready for preschool. Frankly, I want my children to get something out of teaching if I have to pay for it. He's a bright boy: knows how to count well into the teens, knows his colors, knows his shapes (ABC's are in the works).

Also, Carter & Ethan are very loud and rambunctious children. Most of the other kids are little girls, who DO play differently than boys. My boys laugh loudly, squeal at ear-piercing pitches, and run around like banshees. The girls play quietly by themselves, for the most part. I get 'the look' a lot when the boys are being loud. Like, 'doesn't she teach her kids about indoor voices'? I try, but to no avail.

I take the boys so they can learn to share with others, play with others, and learn acceptable behaviors. I JUST FEEL OUT OF PLACE.

Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP