"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Household Chores for the House Guest

>> Wednesday, December 15, 2004

My best freind from high school and her 2 year old are staying with us for a few days while Pam's Mom is hospitalized. Last night, the unthinkable happened. Right before I left for work, my husband emerged from the bathroom muttering something about needing to call a plumber. Let's just say he had been in the library reading for a while. The ordinary plunger didn't do the trick. He was in NO mood to discuss the issue. Good thing we have 2 1/2 bathrooms!

This morning, I went to Menard's and purchased a handy dandy toilet auger. It sounds just like what it is. I was trying to maneuver the thing myself, and Pam offered to help. So, together we augered the stopped up toilet until it drained. Try to picture two 32 year old chicks who are used to having drinks together doing this job. We should have asked someone to make a video of the event.

Anyway, Pam called my husband at work to let him know WE fixed the problem. She assured him she will show him how it works after I go to work tonight. Another crisis averted by a resourceful housewife (or two).

Happy to be at Home 1 Powered By Ringsurf
Proud Mommy Webring
© WebRing Inc.
Proud Mommy Webring
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>

WidgetBox Network

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP